Behind the Scenes Tours at The Curragh
The world renowned Curragh Racecourse in Co.Kildare is really "Where Champions Are Made". It is Ireland's premier racecourse and houses over 1,000 racehorses that are currently in training on the grounds. This globally sought out attraction is only a short 15 minutes drive from our gates at Killashee and all visitors can avail of free parking upon arrival. Tours are available every week on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9.30am, the perfect attraction for your midweek escape.
This fully guided tour offers an exclusive behind the scenes view of what happens in areas that are strictly off-limits to those attending race days. The tour provides an insightful adventure into what actually happens on racedays from the perspective of jockeys, a groom, a racehorse trainer and racehorse owners. It really does give provide that VIP experience. The tour guides provide unique intuition for those with all levels of experience, whether you're racing fanatic or attending a race course for the first time. Making the day out fun for all those who attend.
The Highlights of the Tour are listed below:
- Experience a fully guided tour of one of the world’s most iconic racecourses.
- Go behind the scenes to locations such as the jockeys changing room, the saddling boxes and the top floor balcony.
- Discover what it is like to be a professional jockey and immerse yourself in their world.
- Learn about a day at the races from a racehorse’s experience.
- Imagine what it is like to be a racehorse owner with a runner at the Curragh Racecourse.
This bucket list experience must not be missed, for only €25 for Adults, €17 for seniors and €12 for children over the age of 12.
Make the Curragh Behind The Scenes Tour part of your next Staycation to Killashee and book the experience now to avoide dissapointment.