Festival Season has arrived!
We are excited to share with you some of the best summer festivals and events happening within a 40-minute drive from the hotel. Whether you are a local or a tourist visiting, there's something for everyone to enjoy this summer.
1. Kaleidoscope Festival - The Kaleidoscope Festival is a family-friendly event that takes place in the stunning Russborough House and Parklands. It’s a three-day festival that is packed with music, art, family activities, and great food. The festival offers something for everyone from toddlers to grandparents. The festival takes place from 30th of June until 2nd July
2. Kildare Derby Festival - This festival is a celebration of horse racing and takes place at the Curragh Racecourse, just a 15-minute drive from our hotel. It's a week-long event that includes horse racing, live music, and food stalls. This year's festival will take place from June 20th - 28th, and will feature the Irish Derby on June 26th.
3. The Big Disco- This music festival is taking place at Punchestown only 5 minutes from the Hotel! On the weekend of the 23rd and 24th of June we have the return of the Punchestown Music Festival. With a star-studded lineup, the festival is back due to popular-demand after being a massive success last year. The festival set to welcome around 30,000 disco fans over the course of the two days!
4. Forever Young Music Festival- The weekend of the 14th-16th of July we have the Forever Young Music Festival in Palmerstown House Estate, which is only 10 minutes away from us here at the hotel. With the likes of Billy Ocean, Tony Hadley and Jason Donovan, it is set to be a weekend full of throwbacks to the 80s for you to enjoy!
5. Leixlip Festival - This festival takes place in the charming town of Leixlip, just a 20-minute drive from Killashee Hotel. It's a family-friendly event that offers live music, food stalls, and fun activities for all ages. This year's festival will take place on July 3rd and 4th, and will feature headline acts such as Aslan and The Blizzards.
6. Mondello Park have a summer of racing events but the one we are most excited about is the Historic Fest which takes place on the 12th & 13th of August. Step back in time with our Carole Nash Historic Festival, which is back for 2023. Irelands’ legendary and only historic motor race meeting celebrating Vintage, Classic, Racing Cars and Motorcycles from the glamour of the roaring ‘20s through to the swinging ‘60s. An unmissable event in Mondello Park for motor racing enthusiasts, car lovers and Formula 1 fans. This event has something for everyone with great food, fantastic music and children’s entertainment. Discover more Mondello Summer adventures by clicking here to read our blog on Mondello events.
7. Groove Festival - This exciting festival takes place on the grounds of Killruddery House and Gardens in Bray, Co. Wicklow, just a 35-minute drive from Killashee Hotel. It's a family-friendly event that offers music, food, and fun activities for all ages. This year's festival will feature headliners such as Primal Scream, Sophie Ellis Bextor, and Lightning Seeds.
8. Taste of Dublin - This food and drink festival takes place in the stunning Iveagh Gardens in Dublin city centre, just a 40-minute drive from Killashee. It's a must-attend event for foodies, offering a chance to sample some of the best food and drink Ireland has to offer. This year's festival will take place from September 9th - 12th.
9. Irish Game and Country Fair - This is a popular family event that takes place at Birr Castle, just a 40-minute drive from us. It's a celebration of Irish country life and offers a range of activities, including hunting and fishing demonstrations, dog shows, and live music. This year's festival will take place on August 28th and 29th.
10. Irish National Stud Theatre Event: Visit the Irish National Stud & Gardens on Friday the 7th of July for a magical production of ‘The Secret Garden’ by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Presented by Chapterhouse Theatre Company, this open-air garden theatre is a must do this Summer.
At Killashee Hotel, we believe that summer is the perfect time to enjoy all that Ireland has to offer. From music festivals to food and drink events, there's something for everyone to enjoy within a 40-minute drive from our hotel. Book your summer stay with us today and make the most of the summer festivals and events happening in the area. We look forward to welcoming you to Killashee Hotel!